Books and CDs
SOUNDSPIRIT WORKSHOP SCHEDULE 2020
WEST LONDON: The Healing Power of Vocal Sound|
Location: Colet House (151 Talgarth Road, London W14 9DA)
Info/booking: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01452 413220. See Booking information
LINGFIELD (SURREY): The Healing Power of Vocal Sound |
Location: Claridge House Retreat Centre (Dormans Rd, Dormansland, Lingfield RH7 6QH)
Time: Friday 4pm - Sunday 4pm
Cost: £285 (fully residential; bursaries available)
Booking: email@example.com or 01342 832150
CHELTENHAM: The Yoga of Vocal Sound|
Location: The Isbourne Holistic Centre (3 Wolseley Terrace, Cheltenham GL50 1TH)
Cost: £40. After October 14th, £45
Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01242 254321
TBC means To Be Confirmed - details will be updated when available.
The content of James's courses, be they one day, two day or a
residential weekend, is similar whatever titles are used. Because of
the duration of residential courses, there can be more in-depth work.
He draws on the following practices:
ONE DAY COURSE
- Toning the chakras (energy centres) through various combinations of seed syllables, vowels and consonants, East and West.
- Creating natural sound rituals for emotional cleansing using the sounds of laughter, humming, keening, groaning and sighing.
- Resonating the Taoist healing sounds for relieving the stress upon the organs of the body and dissipating the emotions associated with those organs.
- Sounding out chants that draw the mind into the present moment, thus bringing peace.
- Using internal sound as the basis for meditation.
(All of the above plus)
- Exploring the potential of precisely tuned forks to affect the cellular and nervous systems.
- Intoning mantras for the expansion of consciousness
- Leanring the proper use of the breath for the creation of a full and sustained vocal sound
- Discovering one's fundamental note for toning practice
- Participating in collective improvisation for freedom of expression.